Monday, March 4, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 12

Favorite band and why?





Music has always been a huge part of my life.  I'm one of those people who constantly has music going as I go about my daily life.  I've also got pretty diverse musical tastes.  I mainly listen to alternative and rock music, but I will add a bit of country and pop as well.  My iPod is pretty funny to look at because of these diverse tastes. Consequently I've got dozens of favorite bands, and I tend to go in cycles and listen almost exclusively to a band for a while, then move on to others but I always come back to my favorites.  Right now I'd have to say my favorite band is The Airborne Toxic Event.  I found this band mostly by accident, although I always like their first single "Sometime Around Midnight" when it first came out a few years ago.  I didn't look too further after that single came out but about 8 months ago I was sitting at my computer doing God knows what, and I had Pandora playing in the background when an Airborne song came on.  I didn't even know who it was but once I heard it I was hooked.  I spent the rest of the night listening to their songs and viewing live videos of them on YouTube.




I noticed two things about this band.  First of all their lyrics were amazing! This was the first time in a while that I discovered a band that the lyrics were so powerful and profound that I found myself relating to them.  Secondly, I noticed while watching the live concert videos and interviews with the band, that this was a band that didn't take themselves too seriously and it was apparent that they were having the greatest time in the world making music.  All too often bands forget how lucky they are to be doing what they are doing.  The Airborne Toxic Event is a band that you just want to hang out with and grab a drink with, and apparently they do exactly that with fans after shows.  So to anyone reading this, check them out you won't be disappointed.







No comments:

Post a Comment