Tuesday, February 26, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 10

Describe something you are proud of.

This may sound strange but I'm proud of the fact of who I am.  I've had a lot of set backs in my life and I've overcome them to become the person I am today.  I'm proud of the fact that I rose above the hardship in my life and became who I am.  Literally in high school one of my friends was voted most likely to become a roadie.  These were the type of people I hung out with.  I was a mediocre student that no one thought would amount to much.  But here I am, a college graduate, I served in the Army, I've got a great job and I'm financially stable.  Aside from these things it is also amazing that I'm as well adjusted as I am.  I watched my step-dad die of cancer slowly and painfully at the awkward age of 14.  On top of that I was the shy, overweight kid who got picked on in grade school.  In high school I was the guy who didn't give a shit about anything and had a bad attitude and crappy grades.  I was basically one screwed up kid.  But I rose above that and began to make something out of my life, precisely because no one expected that of me.  And when things were going good for me, I lost my wife.  In a moment my plan for life was erased.  And to be honest that almost broke me.  But it didn't and I realize now just how strong I am.  I realized that I can be knocked down, but I can get up, I can be bruised, but not broken.  Not only did I survive, but I prevailed as I'm happy now.  I'm proud of the person I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment