Thursday, February 14, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5

What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?


  1. My girlfriend Jessi.  She came into my life at the most perfect moment and what started out as a friendship has grown into something that is amazing.  I find myself thinking about her all the time, missing her when we're not together, and I know my face lights up when I get a call or text from her.  What makes it even more amazing is that she feels the same about me!
  2. My friends.  Without their love and support I don't know how I would have been able to find this happiness
  3. New experiences.  Everything from trying new foods, new beers or even the occasional "girly drink" (thanks for that one Jessi!) to getting out there and doing something I always wanted to do, and checking things off my bucket list.  These things remind me that I'm OK and I'm really living again and the joy that comes with that always brings a smile to my face.
  4. The future.  This one may seem weird, but there was a time when I couldn't even think about the future, as it all seemed so bleak to me.  Over the four or five months I not only realized that not only would I go on with life, but this new life might actually be a good one too! For the first time in a while I am optimistic about my future, whatever it may hold.
  5. The fact that I am happy.  This one too may seem strange, or even a cop-out, but it really isn't.  Again, much like my future, there was a time when I figured I would never be actually happy again.  I had gotten to a place where I was no longer feeling sad everyday, but I sure as hell wasn't happy.  I was in this middle place where I had accepted my life had been altered and this was how it would be from now on.  And while I accepted this and wasn't sad or depressed, I still wasn't happy, I was just... neutral.  I figured this would be how I would feel from here on out, just indifferent.  Little did I know that not only would I start to feel a yearning to LIVE again, but in doing so I could actually be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment