Thursday, February 21, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 8

A photo that makes you sad?

Another tough one today, because depending on my mood, some of the pictures of things in my past can either bring a smile to my face remembering the happy memory, or bring a tear to my eye, remembering what I've lost.  As I said in the last post, now that I've come to accept my position in life, as I look back on my photos, they bring a smile to my face, so picking one that makes me sad is tougher to do.  So again I went through my pictures and you know what I found?  I don't have pictures that make me sad, I take pictures of fun, happy events, not sad ones.  That being said I did find a picture, that while taken during a happy, fun moment, when I look at it now I do feel somewhat sad.  First then picture, than I'll explain.


This is a picture taken out at what I think was Durty Nellie's in Palatine with a bunch of friends.  This picture only has about half of my friends that were there that night.  Now what could possibly be sad about this picture you may ask.  No, nothing tragic happened later that night, no fights broke out or anything like that, in fact we all had a fun night, and made it home safely.  This picture makes me sad because it represents a time in my life that is gone for good.  All of the people in this picture are married now (some were at the time) and have kids.  This picture makes me sad because we don't get together like this anymore.  Additionally, I look so much younger in that picture and I acutely feel the time slipping by in my life.  This has always been an issue for me, getting older.  I hate it, because there is so much I long to do and I worry that I'll have time to do it all.  So while this picture doesn't make me break out into tears, it fills me with a sadness, because it won't be like it was here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment