Saturday, February 23, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 9

What defines you?

Let's see, that's an interesting question.  The most obvious answer is my life experiences define me.  Everything from not having a dad around early in life, then gaining a step-dad who was more of a father to me than anyone, then losing him to cancer.  To being the fat kid in school, to being a loner growing up, even my tattoos.  Then there is all the good things, my college experience,  my experience in the Army, and to getting married. Even the bad things, losing my wife to cancer, friends lost over the years, all the painful and sad times.  But then learning to live again and actually having fun doing it.  All of these things, the good, the bad, the fun times, the sad times, the laughter and the pain, they all make me who I am.

Now, outside the obvious answer, what else defines me.  There are two things that come to mind when I think about what someone who just met me would take away and how that person would describe me.

First, I would have to say it would be my sense of humor and fun loving nature.  I love to laugh, joke and have fun, even when the joke is at my expense (as it often is.)  Second, I would have to say it would be the fact that I care deeply for the people in my life and would do anything for them. I actually enjoy giving at Christmas more than getting.  I love to brighten someone's day with some little gesture, just to make them smile.  This is who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment